The Tiger's Eye



The tiger's eye is a crystal that I deeply connect with. I knew the moment I had picked out my first tiger's eye that this was it, that was the crystal that I felt intensely about. Whilst I only have one large tumbled tiger's eye I also have a pendulum and a bracelet both out of tiger's eye. There are many properties to this crystal, people use it on a daily for different situations. They might wear it, they might use it in charm bags or spells and rituals as well as crystal grids.

The tiger's eye is a brown goldy crystal, it's often used for protection, luck, prosperity, and mental clarity. I began using this crystal in a particularly foggy time in my life. I needed the protection and clarity that I wasn't getting by myself, I was leaving a job to focus on my studies and dealing with various mental well-being issues. I felt lost and naked to harm in the world. I began incorporating the tiger's eye into good luck charm bags, mental clarity charm bags and even began wearing it on a daily basis.

Charging Crystals
An important note that I must touch on is that if you're using crystals within your magic you NEED to charge them, think of crystals as batteries who store very valuable and intense energy. These crystals need to be recharged to ensure that they have energy that you can use within your magick. I frequently used the sunlight by my window to charge my crystals, however, this shouldn't be done for crystals that can be bleached and damaged under sunlight. Thankfully tiger's eye is fine under sunlight. Once I began collecting more supplies I bought a bed of amethyst which you can see as a charging port for crystals, simply place a crystal on top of a bed of amethyst and it will be charged. Just remember to charge the bed as well. You can charge crystals in water with salt, incense and sage smoke, in full moon water or on a window during the full moon if you are worried about sun bleaching.

One of the reasons that I was so attracted to a tiger's eye was that it resonates with the Capricorn zodiac which I am. I was having a rough week and the reason I wanted to pick up the tiger's eye was that I had researched into the welcoming feeling and release of fear and anxiety that the tiger's eye offers. During that time I was a ball of worry and anxiety, I needed relief and I need it then desperately. I was leaving a job that also brought more worries about money, the tiger's eye when worn is known to bring good fortune and prosperity. These are all common worries that people will have and that is why the tiger's eye is such an essential crystal for every witch's collection. You will find yourself needing the crystal at one point in your life. Don't be fooled by its colour, personally, I find it fascinating but I can understand why new witches might not be aesthetically pleased with the tiger's eye. Pick one up, I can assure you that you won't regret it!
Image result for tigers eye

Comments

Popular Posts